Thursday, September 22, 2011

The desk...

O.K.... so I'm a sucker for a bargain find, always thinking I can fix it up and put it to good use. This type of "recycling" I strongly believe in! I picked up this desk with good "bones" for cheap.... chose a funky paint colour and now, it has claimed it's home in Peter's bedroom. He loves it, and spends many hours at his desk. Another successful refinishing project!


Pre sanding... I've already removed all the hardware, which was tarnished. I soaked them in an aluminum pan filled with hot water and baking soda.... then polished them up a bit... and voila, almost as good as new. I liked their retro design which suited the desk, so went with them instead of getting new ones.

Coat number one applied....


Here it is, a happy desk, in it's new home in Peter's room.


Here you can see the handles that I re-used. Total cost = some sanding paper and 1 quart of paint. Not much. :~)

1 comment: