Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's beginning to look a alot like Christmas

I've finally done the decorating in our house and I must say it turned out very cozy.  The boys decorated the tree and did a great job as I knew they would, save for a couple of creative spots... as you'll see below.  In the first photo... Ben and I are all dressed up ready to go to my work Christmas party.  It was a lot of fun.


Below is the little village made of paper that I made a few years ago.  It's on a kitchen window sill this year.  



This is a cute little "smoking" man figurine that my sister in law Monika brought back for me last year.  They are called "raucherman".   (I hope I spelled that right).

A fine example of what happens when you let your children decorate!  Are they racing?  Too funny!  We love our tree.  It's very unique and filled with at least 60% handmade ornaments and such.  It's not particularly glitzy but rather more Scandinavian style.  Lots of wooden, paper and straw ornaments.  As I do love glitter, there is of course some flashy ornaments to add bling.  And a couple of fun ones - photos which I'll post later.  I hope you are all enjoying the season so far!


The end result.  All ready for the festivities surrounding Christmas.  All that's missing are the presents around the tree.  Oh wait, I don't have any yet!!!  HELP!   

1 comment:

  1. You two look great! I finished my Christmas decorating on Friday and can't wait to tear it all down! Aren't I the merry one!?

    ReplyDelete