Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Coming on Christmas..

Tonight's the night the tree decorations go on!  The boys are excited.  The fire will be lit,  Christmas music will be on and I'll be sipping on a hot tottie watching the kids have fun.  This is what I love about Christmas!   Tomorrow I'll be helping decorate the hall at T.R.U. for the work Christmas party in the evening.  Did anyone say Helium?  Silent Night sung like Minnie Mouse - I can hear it now... Good times to be had.  


This was the "slow" start to my decorating.  This is our chandelier above the dining table... I was quite pleased with the sparkly result...



Justin loves to help me in the kitchen.... here we were baking "nussecken" a traditional type of triangle cookie and a long time family favorite.   The recipe is from my mom who is a great baker on the rare occasion that she decides to use eggs, butter and sugar!  

Justin -  junior baker in training!  He's so helpful... but... he also knows what the results are and really looks forward to them!


I made some long dangly decorations, large round balls to small... this photo is during the glitter application stage... a messy job, but someone's gotta do it.  The final result was beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I see you cracked out the glitter too! Oliver cannot complain enough about the amount of glitter that has fallen over everything like newly fallen snow. Oliver, Liam, heck even the dogs are all covered in glitter fairly often LOL! The light fixture looks lovely Maja and I'm jealous of your Kitchenaid mixer in the exact color I want :)

    ReplyDelete