Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fresh Eggs.....Soon!

Frustratingly I've been unable to do much of anything for the last week and a half... For one week I was completely bed ridden, and during this time Ben went off and got some chicks.... He's been so excited about this - as have I. Sadly I couldn't go with him to get them, but the box was carried up to my room so I could look at the little fluff balls when they came home. A week has gone by and they've grown like stink. I'm now able to go outside for a bit and putter around, so I finally got some photos of our new feathered friends. The bigger ones are 4 weeks old and in their "ugly" phase for sure... The little ones are 2 weeks old now and still quite cute although their adult feathers are starting to "sprout". In another 12 weeks or so, we might start having some fresh eggs! Omelette anyone?




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I am so loving living right downtown but I'll admit I do miss some aspects of country life, the chickens for instance. You're so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete